Location: Edina, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0018542
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
We are seeking an Electrophysiologist Physician to join our cardiovascular practice in Edina. The physician will join our team in furthering our mission to be a leader in innovation and groundbreaking initiatives. We are seeking a practicing physician and/or fellow to provide comprehensive services with our growing Heart Care Program in our East Region.
- Join a multidisciplinary team of 28 Cardiologists (3 Electrophysiologists) and 18 Advanced Practice Providers (3.5 EP dedicated)
- Enjoy a strong referral base
- The program is active in standard and complex procedural care. The successful candidate will perform a wide range of procedural work including all device implants (including S-ICD, Micra), ablation (including standard SVT's, atrial fibrillation, PVC, and VT), and Left Atrial Appendage occlusion
- Candidates with significant training/interest in complex ablation (atrial and ventricular) is a plus.
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- H1B Visa accepted
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME/AOA cardiology residency and electrophysiology fellowship training program.
- Board eligible/certified with the ABMS
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Applicants must have the ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff.
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver.
- Required areas of expertise include general clinical cardiology and advanced training and expertise in cardiovascular disease patient care management.
- Proven knowledge and success in clinical skills.
- Candidates should have experience in supporting medicine post-graduate fellowship training.
- Candidates should be recognized for provision of clinical excellence.
We are proud to offer our employees a robust benefits package. Our benefits package was recently recognized for its appealing and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Competitive compensation commensurate with community standards
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
Additional information on our benefits can be found here.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system. #UMP
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.